All you need to know about your reservation
1. I filled in the booking form on the website. Does it mean that my reservation is definite?
No, it does not mean that your reservation is definite. After we get your booking form, we check the availability of of the room and we get back to you with the reply as soon as possible. If we have the room available, we book it for you. We ask you also to make an obligatory down-payment (usually the amount of your 2 months’ rent – for the first, and the last month of your stay, for more details see point 2), within two weeks after making the reservation. When we book the money on the account, we send an official booking confirmation. Then your reservation is definite.
2. How much is the deposit?
The amount of deposit depends on the length of your stay.
- If you are staying for a whole year, your deposit will be the amount of your two-month rent: for the first, and for the last month of your stay. The sum of deposit changes slightly when you are staying for a shorter period.
- If you are staying for winter semester only (1st October - 10th February), you need to pay for the first month (October), for the last full month (January) and for the remaining 10 days of February.
- If you are staying for summer semester only (12th February - 31st June), you need to pay for the last 2 weeks of February (12th-29th February) and for the last month of your stay (June).
You will get the information about the exact amount of deposit after you fill in and send us the inquiry form.
Please remember that after coming to Warsaw, the only thing you need to pay is the monthly rent for the rest of your stay.
3. I will study at the university other than Warsaw University. Can I arrange a room via Housing Corporation anyway?
Yes, you can. Warsaw University has booked the accommodation with HC for their international students, who will come to Warsaw for a certain period of time. However, we still have rooms for the students from other universities and higher education institutions. If you are interested in our offer, do not hesitate to fill in our booking form. We will do our best to find a room for you in our student house.
4. I am bringing my friend with me to Poland. Can HC arrange a place so we can all stay together?
Yes, we can arrange an apartment for friends or couples. You can fill in our booking form for the double room and attach a comment that there will be two of you and you’d prefer to stay together. We will book two beds in the same room. Basically, our offer includes double and single rooms. However, if you need to find a place for three people (e.g. for you and for two of your friends) – feel free to let us know. We will do our best to find the most suitable room for you.
5. Is there any maximum rental period for HC Student House?
You can make a booking for a period of maximum one school-year (from October till the end of June). HC Student Houses are closed for the renovation during summer holidays. If you want to extend your booking for the next year, let us know earlier enough (before the end of June).
6. I have reserved a room but my plans have changed and I am not coming after all.
First of all – inform us as soon as possible about the change of plans. Cancellation is possible before the beginning of the rental period; however, if you cancel, your down-payment will not be refunded. If you have not paid a down-payment yet, you may be charged cancellation fee.